Saturday, March 19, 2011

Stormy skies and Quoll

This first photo is of Quoll Artists Gallery, showing a really large work of mine on my panel. I have been commissioned to do one this size, but in outback colours. This work is of the Carlton River and marshes which is just down the hill from where I live. The oil painting of the sea and sky on the next panel is by Helen Jessup.
The next photo is of Cradle Mountain - pretty basic really!
Then the next two of the outback, the buyer who lives in Sydney wanted me to put stormy skies in them instead of the blue skies that were there, and I love the effect. Will do it again!











All of these are done in mixed media, which is mostly screen printed background, or using a foam roller, then I add textural paper, calico strips or canvas strips, even in the foreground is from a flax mat that came from Fiji or Tonga that the Queen walked on! Then I work in on top of this with
porcelain paint, gutta, gem stones, and feathers.

No comments:

Post a Comment